Monday, November 13, 2006

The Sex Basket


So there I was, minding my own business...

Seriously. I attended a writer's conference this weekend for my local RWA chapter. It was loads of fun; I got to hobnob with my fellow writers and meet Cherry Adair, the T-FLAC books author. She was a pip! See, she sounds all proper with her British accent but then she tells it like it is, dirty jokes, the f-word, cradle and all.

Part of the conference includes raffle baskets. Let me tell you, if you haven't been to one of our conferences, you ain't seen a raffle basket!! There were probably 50 baskets in all, with a wide variety of subjects, including a lovely advent calendar made by Yours Truly that I titled "25 Days of Love". So what we do is buy tickets and place them in the bags of the raffle baskets we'd like to win. Then they draw names. Naturally I bought a bunch of tickets and was happily placing them in bags when I saw it.

The Sex Basket.

Of course, it wasn't called that. It was called "Indulgence". But it was full of chocolate of all different kinds, a bottle of wine with two gorgeous crystal glasses, different teas, candles, and a super-soft chenille blanket. And the kicker: a gift certificate from a local love shop. I kid you not.

It took me approximately 1.5 seconds to drop my last tickets in that bag.

So the conference goes on and blah blah blah and after lunch they do the drawing. And who wins that basket? ME!! (let's all pause and say woo hoo!)

So I drag this huge basket home and sweetheart was pretty excited; after all, I'd been pretty lucky.

And later that evening, after we'd had some of that wine, I got lucky, too.

(still smiling)

0 Comments: