Thursday, January 25, 2007

Last Stop, Imagination Station

It's been a tough week in imagination world. I haven't been inspired to write; the words are poky and plodding and definitely not cooperating at all. My hero and heroine are still standing in the front hall of her mother's house, sizing each other up and every once in a while they reach over and knock-knock on my brain. Like, hello? Remember us? We'd like to get past this First Awkward Meeting if you please!

I painted my kitchen last weekend, a glorious icy blue-gray color that I simply adore. However, after the tape and drop cloths were taken away, I discovered that the wall color clashes horrifically with the countertops. Umm... oops. I truly imagined these two colors were complementary and it turns out they're totally NOT. Well, we were talking about getting new ones anyway. Just may get them sooner than we thought!

And then there is work. Ah, work, where the software crashes during upgrade and shuts down the whole cataloging system. And the train table falls apart and everyone keeps asking why there's no tracks anymore on it. How can you play with trains when there's no tracks? they ask.

Umm... I don't know. Use your imagination, maybe?

2 Comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

Starvingwritenow!!! I've missed your blogs! I feel like it's been a long time!

Sounds like a draining week--that doesn't complement imagination any more than counters! I love painting, though! Or I love color on the walls!

Honey said...

I swear, it's January that does this to us. :) Downtime after the holidays, then fewer daylight hours and longer (comparitively) hours at work make for a long, dark month. Next month will be better. Everything will be pink and rosy!