Saturday, February 03, 2007

Remember that commercial where the dad is pushing the little boy in the tire swing and between one push and the next he turns into a grown man? "Life comes at you fast."

Does it ever. It seems like yesterday Son started taking Tae Kwon Do. Now he's a black belt, and his instructor just talked to me last night about letting him go to a regional tournament next month. And a state tournament the month after that. Yeah. State. My son competing in a STATE tournament. I'm floored.

And it seems like yesterday that he was a little boy and I was still able to pick him up and carry him around. Now he's too big and heavy for me, and Monday night I'm giving a lecture to his PSR class about sexual morality. As in, Wait To Have Sex Until You're Married.

How did this happen? More to the point, how did I let myself get talked into lecturing about sex to a bunch of 12-13 year olds?

Life comes at you fast.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! That is SO cool!

And good luck with the class!