Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snow Days

Gosh, aren't snow days great? The kids are off school, the roads are impassable... but the best part of all is the fact that my work closed yesterday, and I still got paid for it! Woo hoo!

Of course, there was a downside to all this: shoveling.

The driveway was totally drifted in to about fifteen inches. Dense, compacted, pain in the ass. We were out there for a good hour; Sweetheart on the snowblower, Son and I on the shovels. And of course, the dog was running around for good measure. We had a drift by the back patio door that was almost six feet high, and we couldn't get the Weber out for grilling. This was a hardship no one should have to face.

But compared to upstate NY we lucked out okay. My folks are still up in that region--they consider themselves lucky with "only" seventy inches on the ground. Sheesh.

3 Comments:

Robyn said...

You're making me feel better about the ice storms in Oklahoma.

Spy Scribbler said...

I learned about that downside today. And have the sore back to prove that we have no snowblower. *pout*

But ... only "seventy inches"??? Holy crap!

StarvingWriteNow said...

Yes, my hometown of Mexico got 108. Unreal.