Thursday, June 07, 2007


THIRTEEN THINGS I LOVE(D) ABOUT MY OLD CAR



Yes, sports fans, it has come down to the inevitable trade-in. Sweep out the old, ring in the new. I'll be getting a new car either tonight or tomorrow (guess what next week's TT will likely be about?) and I'm waxing sentimental this morning over the old one. After all, it's been my constant companion for over 6 years. So without further ado:

1. It was free. (Oh, Yeah!!)

2. Insurance was cheaper. Always a plus.

3. Leather interior. Sweet.

4. Six cylinders--maybe not the mileage of a four, but what a smooth, quiet ride!

5. Air Conditioning. No more blazing hot seats!

6. Power. When I stepped on the gas that baby giddy-upped!!

7. Serious comfort--road trips were almost a pleasure.

8. CD player. No more tape-making (hooray!).

9. It handled great! Very responsive; saved me from certain accident more than once!

10. Reasonably low maintenance costs.

11. Still had trade value despite age and miles.

12. It's a Toyota, which means: ALWAYS started, ALWAYS ran, and...

13. 195,240 miles--and still going! What a great car!

2 Comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

Man, you make me miss my old Honda! The no-payments thing is a HUGE bonus! But have fun with the new car shopping! Are you going for practical, or are you going for something fun ... like a Jeep?

(Not that I'm biased or anything ...)

Rhonda Helms said...

Oh man, I hear ya...my car has no payments (a gift), and very low insurance. :D