Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Princess-Eating Pumpkin



Yes, folks, here at Chateau K we don't mess around. Evil pumpkins that eat trick-or-treaters are the word of the day. I had several compliments on my artistry (blush).
And now, back to our regularly scheduled program:
.
THURSDAY THIRTEEN
.
Thirteen "Vintage" Items Found In Son's Halloween Candy Stash
(a.k.a., Candy You Don't See Every Day In The Checkout Line)
.
1. Dum-Dums lollipops. I can remember getting these from the dentist when I was a kid after my checkup!
2. Mike and Ike's. Yummy...
3. Extra Sour Cry Baby Bubble Gum. Pass.
4. Individually wrapped Jaw Breakers. Hmm...
5. Caramel Apple Pops. Eeuww. Plus you can never get the thing unstuck from the wrapping.
6. Laffy Taffy. Ah, the memories...
7. Jolly Rancher sticks. Looks like #6 but it's hard instead of chewy. Like they pounded a regular Jolly Rancher with a mallet.
8. Sour Punch Twists. Remember 'Sour Patch Kids' and how your whole mouth would get raw if you ate too many? Think bigger and licorice-whip shaped.
9. Weird shaped gummy treats. So far I've found Frankenstein, a witch, an ear, a finger, an eyeball and some teeth. They're tangy.
10. Marshmallow candy shaped--and colored!--like a hamburger.
11. Chocolate eyeballs.
12. Sweet Tarts Packets. Anybody else remember when there were 5 or 6 in each packet? Now there's only 2!! What a rip!
13. Giant Lemonheads, individually wrapped. Why not just stuff a whole box full in your mouth instead?
.

4 Comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

hilarious--my kids got a lot of the same candy!!

Bernita said...

I love that display - satisfies something evil in me, I guess.

Robyn said...

Love it, love it, love it!

And I totally filched the Bottle Caps out of the kids' bags.

Spy Scribbler said...

Hey, I missed this picture! Well, actually, pictures don't show up in my reader, so I didn't realize I was missing something so priceless!

Belated Happy Halloween.