Thursday, January 03, 2008


THIRTEEN NEW YEAR'S AFFIRMATIONS
.
2007 wasn't my best year by a long shot. It was a rough ride and I got bounced out of the cart at the end of it all. And even though 2008 looks to be a toughie, I cannot, must not, and simply refuse to give in to the negative. So, in the spirit of Spirit, I decided that this year I need a few positive statements to go along with my standard resolutions:
.
1. The end of the road isn't the end of the world.
2. I can learn valuable future lessons from current heartaches.
3. I have many blessings in my life, and so much to be thankful for every day.
4. Exercise will not only make me stronger, it will keep me younger.
5. I am one hoxy chick. (See Vocabulary Words on sidebar.)
6. They're laugh lines, not wrinkles.
7. They're platinum highlights, and they are fabulous.
8. Focusing on what I have will get me farther than obsessing over what I don't.
9. I am worthwhile.
10. I am creative, imaginative, and capable.
11. Some stuff can't be fixed or understood.
12. Life is to be lived, and it is always worth living.
13. Everything will be okay.
.
Do you have any New Year's affirmations? Share them here!

4 Comments:

StarvingWriteNow said...

In case you're curious, I'll tell here: My six-year relationship with Sweetheart ended just a few weeks ago. In many ways both he and I knew this was coming but it still wasn't what I wanted to happen. And despite all the logic and knowing it is better it happened now than down the road I am, at the moment, simply heartbroken.

Bernita said...

You're list can't be improved on.
I am so sorry about your heartbreak.

Spy Scribbler said...

Oh, WriteNow, no! Logic means nothing. That is heartbreaking. **hugs**

If you feel like going out or something, let me know! I'm in the middle of a lonely self-pity fest at the moment, as DH leaves tonight for three months. :-(

And I have NO one to write with. DH always writes with me. If you wanna hang out, I'd love to!

Good words to live by. Those are mirror paste-worthy!

Robyn said...

I'm so sorry. (((Hugs.)))