Thursday, April 10, 2008

THIRTEEN THINGS I LOVE(D) ABOUT "STAR TREK"
.
Yes, folks, all this time you've been following my blog, eagerly awaiting the next cleverly penned installment (snort) I have, all along...
...been a Star Trek fan.
Mooo--ha-ha-haaaaa!!!!!!!!
So, with your torture in mind, I present thirteen of my favorite things about that campy-great series (we're talking original blend here, not the newer stuff) and hope that that groovy theme music stays in your little heads all day:
.
1. "He's dead, Jim!"
2. Those way-tight shirts, those flare-legged pants tucked into boots the guys got stuck with.
3. Uhura's red mini with go-go boots. That was the height of fashion.
4. The crappy--but cool!--special effects.
5. Phasers. Being the youngest of 5, I would have killed for one of these.
6. Mr. Spock. Those ears! Those eyebrows! That flawless logic!
7. "I can't change the laws of physics!" However, Scotty always pulled 'em through in the end.
8. Sulu and Chekov at their station. Somehow, when it was any other combination, it just wasn't as fun.
9. Communicators. All you had to do was flip them open and you were immediately connected to the exact person you wanted to talk to! Amazing!
10. Khan. Only the coolest, suavest super-villain of them all--and he read Milton to boot.
11. The Wrath of Khan. By far, the best Star Trek movie of them all. "From the pits of hell, I stab at thee!"
12. The "extra" who got killed, usually at the beginning of every episode.
13. Klingons, Vulcans and Tribbles, oh my!
Happy TT!

3 Comments:

Robyn said...

My favorite was the sudden introduction of soft flute music when Kirk went seductive. You heard that music, you knew someone was going to get lucky.

BTW- you haven't lived until you've been at a Trek convention where two drunks were having a fire extinguisher duel yelling, "You Klingon bastard! You killed my son!!"

StarvingWriteNow said...

Wow, and I thought Trek conventions were all about intergalactic peace! LOL!

Spy Scribbler said...

Oh, man! I have never been to Trek convention! Man. I did go to the Star Trek museum in Las Vegas, and I rode on Star Trek: The Experience.

I'm not sure I should admit this, but I teared up. It was the coolest. And eating in Quark's Bar rocked.