Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A PARTING SHOT

So I have a lovely, sexy phone conversation with G last night and not five minutes after I hang up there's a knock at the door.

Well, what do you know. It's the FS. He has mail for me, Son's report card, etc. This man obviously has never heard the "call before you come" rule. Anyhow, he tells me I look good(I have lost weight and toned up some), we make some conversation, I am polite of course, and then as he's leaving:

He: You look good.

Me: Of course I do. I could weigh 200 pounds and I'd still look good.

He gets into his little yellow midlife crisis. And:

Me: You remember how when we were first dating you used to tease that all the guys in Huron(my old residence) must be blind?

He: Yes.

Me: Guess who's the real blind guy?

~zing!~

Oh, yessss. Man, that felt good!!

Happy Tuesday, all.

4 Comments:

Robyn said...

God, I hate men sometimes! "You look good." Ugh. I mean, I'm sure you do, but you know what I mean.

I'm glad you got your zinger but I wish you would have smacked him.

StarvingWriteNow said...

The urge to smack him, believe it or not, has passed. He's still an idiot, but now I feel like I've got the upper hand. And it feels pretty damn good.

Spy Scribbler said...

YES! Awesome. Man, that's one of those things I wish I could come up with often in real life.

But you got one in! And a good one, too!

WHO IS G? When're we writing? I'm free Thursday - Sunday. I can do any Borders you want. :-)

Bernita said...

Ooooh!
Good one!