Monday, August 04, 2008

CAN ANYONE SAY... KERFLUFFLE?
Hi all, and happy Monday! Well, not so happy for me--I had a major hardware failure in my desktop (the shiny, sparkly, lovely desktop with all the bells and whistles) and as of this posting it is sitting silent in the office, waiting for me to get more information from the computer powers that be about what the problem is and whether or not it is fixable.
The whole system is out; windows won't even start! I lost my pictures, my settings... and my whole stash of romance novel covers. I know, you're all grabbing your chests in horror, barely able to draw breath from the shock of it all. Don't worry, I'm still able to blog to the universe and annoy all y'all with my pithy observations and smartalecky comments from my little laptop. But today, I'm fresh out of inspiration and romance is the farthest thing from my mind. Hopefully I'll have some answers by next Monday.
So from my desk to yours: beef up your firewalls, back up your system regularly and do those virus scans!

1 Comment:

Robyn said...

I'm sorry! Sometimes it seems all this wonderful tech is just more crap that can break and cost you money.