Thursday, January 22, 2009


THIRTEEN THINGS I LEARNED IN 2008

Yes, believe it or not I did learn a few things last year. And considering where I was, emotionally, physically, etc... I am miles ahead this year, and it is only looking up from here. Thanks to Missie for this fun idea!

I've learned that:

1. Crushing heartbreak really does heal in time, and the pain fades in time as well.
2. Buying my own house was not some far-off dream. It happened.
3. My son is a rock of support and love, even in his "too cool" teen years.
4. One carrier is not the best solution for two cats.
5. Moving men can make you simultaneously sprout a hundred gray hairs and laugh so hard you nearly pee your pants.
6. I can go back to school. I can still learn.
7. Riding my bike to work (in decent weather) is not only easy, but takes LESS time than driving my car.
8. I am still attractive, sexy and reasonably cool.
9. Exes are like boomerangs: you throw them away and they come back (for various reasons) to mess with you again.
10. Paying all the bills myself really sucks. But I'm doing it, and I'm okay.
11. Some people can suck it up, and some can't.
12. Good friends and family are worth their weight in gold.
13. I still believe in love. And have found love again.

What did you learn last year? Anything cool? Any lessons I need to learn as well? Share!

4 Comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

Wow, I love this Thursday Thirteen! Wow. So very cool.

I'm one of those people who are not real great at sucking it up, LOL. But I try! I have a friend who is staying in a marriage almost exclusively because she fears #10. It makes me really sad.

Robyn said...

Addendum to #8: You are CRAZY BEAUTIFUL COOL, sister.

Elizabeth said...

Awesome! I'm crazy too--woo hoo!

Seriously, thanks to you both for those nice compliments!

Anonymous said...

Exes are boomerangs! You are right about that. My ex came back to mess with my mind. I think he honestly loves me but I'm sick of the mixed messages. What is your ex doing to bother you? Does he still spend time with yoru kid(s)? How do your kids deal with exes? That isn't going well for mine. My fear is they will not bond with anyone I love down the road.They have been hurt along with me more than once.