Thursday, March 12, 2009


THIRTEEN RAMBLING BIRTHDAY THOUGHTS

Yes, it's happening again this weekend. I will--gasp!--be another year older. But I will also be:

1. Another year wiser. (snort!)
2. One full year in my house. (Huzzah!)
3. More beautiful. ( I age like that fine red wine, you know.)

The last year has had hardships, like:

4. The whole FS thing.
5. Money woes.
6. Son breaking his leg.

But there were also blessings, like:

7. I got accepted to Grad school.
8. Son and I were happy (mostly) and healthy (mostly).
9. I started dating a really wonderful man.

So when I hit 42 on Saturday, what will I wish for?

10. Continued health, happiness, good looks (snort!) and sanity.
11. Increased skill with juggling jobs, family, relationship and school.
12. All the love I can hold, and
13. Swiss Fudge Cookies from Stella d'Oro.

(Kudos to any of you who remember that commercial!)

What wishes for your birthdays will you have this year?

3 Comments:

Missie said...

Happy happy day, my friend. And may New Guy get you some Good Cookies.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday beth...
the farmer's young daughter has now become a silver foxx ;)

Elizabeth said...

Will definitely get cookies. Perhaps tea and crumpets as well.

And I am no silver fox--I have a close and personal relationship with Lady L'Oreal!