Thursday, July 13, 2006

You've heard that saying "the future is now", right? Well why can't the future be now in terms of exercise? I'm of a certain age where the bod doesn't look the same as it did when I was fresh out of college. This means I have to do something to try and keep myself flexible, somewhat toned, etc... so I don't scare young children when I put on a bathing suit. But there are so many other things I'd rather do than exercise. Like write. Or read. Or shop for a new pair of sandals. Or fix myself a nice Tangueray & Tonic. Or even have a few teeth extracted without novocaine at the dentist. Why is it that exercise hasn't caught up with the times? Why isn't there one of those super-cool exercise beds available, like George had on the Jetsons, where he would just lay down on it and the monitor would show him exercising while he wasn't doing a thing?? That's the kind of exercise routine I need!

0 Comments: