Friday, August 18, 2006

A Few Of My Favorite Things


Okay, does anyone but me really care what I like? Probably not, but that stupid song has been in my head the last few days and I've been thinking about all the stuff I love (and some things I don't).

Coffee--making it, smelling it brewing, drinking it. It's nectar of the gods.

Purring cats--this has to be one of the sweetest, most relaxing sounds ever.

Christmas trees--I get up early every morning just to turn the lights on and look at my tree glowing in the living room. I have a story for every ornament. When I come home and breathe in that pine scent I feel like I'm in heaven.

Sailing--when I get to sit up on the bow especially because it feels like you're flying.

The scent of books--they've always been such a big, positive, constant part of my life. Nothing else smells like a book.

Fall--my favorite season. The air is cooler and crisp, leaves are changing, the colors are gorgeous, I can wear jeans and sweaters again, and the holidays are following.

The taste of a sun-warm, fresh apple just picked from the tree.

Hugs. Kissing, too.

Stained glass windows in churches/cathedrals.

Halloween candy--why is it different, and more fun, than candy you just go buy? I don't know. But it is.

Christmas music--I have over twenty albums of the stuff.

More to follow...

0 Comments: