Friday, August 18, 2006

Most people walk through life with their eyes shut. They have little to no interest in what goes on beyond their own three feet of personal space.

I've always been a hyper-observant kind of person, and I see things every day that most people probably ignore, turn away from or simply do not see. Most of it is little stuff, but it's still interesting to me.

This morning I was waiting at a light when a gentleman in a 50's era Lincoln Continental drove past me, talking on his cell phone. Back when that car was built, cell phones weren't even imagined.

The other day I was sitting in a McDonald's parking lot that was right next door to a Burger King. People were parking in the BK lot and going over to McD's to eat. And people were parking in McD's lot and going to BK to eat. Why exactly these people could not park in the proper lot was a mystery to me.

Once, while I was driving home a guy went over into the exit lane to pass me--apparently he was so important he couldn't wait five seconds for the guy in the actual passing lane to pass me. Okay, I'm sure anyone would have noticed this, but it is pretty amazing what people will do in their cars just because they think they can get away with it.

More to follow...

0 Comments: