Monday, August 14, 2006

I got a new job! I got a new job!

Three cheers and a tiger for me!

I just found out the other day and I couldn't tell anyone at my work until they notified the other candidates. But I wanted to skip around saying 'I got the jo-ob, I got the jo-ob!'

It's funny how when you change jobs within your job that there is a subtle shift in the cosmos. Everyone looks at you a little different. People who never talked to you before suddenly know your name because you got the job. The people in your department treat you just a little differently--or maybe you treat them a little differently because you know you're getting out because you got the job.

But along with getting the job comes a whole plethora of worry. What if I screw it up? What if the kids hate me? What if my coworkers can't stand me/vice versa? What if I can't stand it after a month? Will the increase in pay and benefits and vacation time compensate for hating my job (if that happened)?

I know, I know. I'm putting the cart before the horse here. I just need to think positive and wait and see.

1 Comment:

Spy Scribbler said...

Oh WONDERFUL! Congratulations! Is this the job you were telling me about? Wow! I hope it stays exciting and fulfilling for a long time to come!