Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Lost In La-La Land

Oh, yes, it was one of those days! I woke up late but managed to get to work on time, fiddled around at work all day and worried that there was some important duty I was neglecting, came back from lunch and realized a toddler tornado had decimated the play area when I wasn't looking... Realized I was wearing a skirt and hose when I had to attend a muddy football game after work. Can you say slightly overdressed? Oops. (Oh, in case you're interested, we lost. More than lost, we got spanked.)

It's been one of those days where I felt lost all day long. Like I was doing something wrong, or not enough, or something. It's now closer to bedtime and I still can't really put my finger on what's out of whack. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's the rest of the world (yeah! yeah! it's not me, it's all YOUR fault!).

But I sit here and wonder, and in the background Monty Python is blaring out of the TV. Arthur... King of the Britons...The dog is napping, the orange cat is sitting patiently, staring at my hands and probably wondering if he can bite my fingers off while I type. Just another night.

0 Comments: