Tuesday, October 17, 2006

NaNoWriMo, anyone?

I got my notice to sign up again for National Novel Writing Month. Last year I tried it out and had a lot of fun doing it. While I didn't get to 50,000 I did write quite a lot.

I'm doing it this year because I need a kick in the seat to get my writing back on track. It seems like every fall I "fall" into nesting mode. Once summer wanes and there's a nip in the air I just want to curl up with my books and experiment with cooking and do all those little artsy projects I've been putting off. The writing takes a total back seat. This year has been especially so because I started working full time again and I feel like I'm playing catch-up all the time with home chores and all those other million obligations that steal my days away.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Back to NaNoWriMo, I'm torn. I have about three story ideas that I'd love to get a jump on, but then there's the one I was working on over the summer that is giving me a guilt trip. Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

2 Comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

Good luck, Elizabeth!

I just signed up. I'm spyscribbler. What did you say your username was?

And let me know if you notice me forgetting to do anything. I know how to do the writing, but not the site stuff! :-)

Hey, maybe we can have a Borders party or two for the locals ... a few hours of writing, followed by some drinks!

StarvingWriteNow said...

my username is Elizabeth Kuilman, so I think that's what you put in the buddy list. I'll add you to mine also. Rhonda is going to do it as well; I think her name is giftedrhonda, just like on the neorwa site.

See you there Nov. 1!