Sunday, December 17, 2006

I had a makeover on Friday.

Okay, okay, stop laughing.

I really did. And... (drum roll please) it was FUN!!

I won the makeover in the sex basket I won at the writer's conference. I made my appointment, went to the woman's house and spent the next 90 minutes trying out product after product, getting microderm-abraded and moisturized and bronzed and reducing eye wrinkles and learning makeup tips.

For example, did you know that eyeliner should not be worn under the eyes as you age because it draws attention to bags and wrinkles around your eyes, and makes the eyes look droopy besides? I never even considered that. I've just been doing the same old, same old for years. Granted, I don't wear makeup on a daily basis, but when I do it's the same routine over and over.

Anyway, I spent my $75 limit on skin care stuff and some groovy mascara that really looked nice on me. Oh, and a lipstick too. Gad, I'll probably start wearing makeup all the time now. I told sweetheart that, since he hasn't yet purchased any Christmas gifts for me beyond a jump drive (what every girl's asking for this year), he can go on her website and get me some of the stuff I didn't pick up. She giftwraps for free and everything.

Was it worth it? Definitely! I'd do it again in a heartbeat. And I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants a smidge of pampering over the holidays! Go on, treat yourself!

3 Comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

Oh wow! I'm not laughing here! That sounds like a blast! I need someone to do that with my hair. I'm pretty much a lost cause when it comes to make up, LOL.

Robyn said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. We all deserve it once in awhile.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Elizabeth! If you want to join our pacing group, then send me your email. That'd be cool!