Friday, June 01, 2007


THIRTEEN SUMMER THINGS I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO



Don't get me wrong, here. I love summer. It's a righteous time of year and the older I get the more I appreciate the warmth! However, there are some things that stray on the side of annoying, scary, or just plain oogy:

1. Guys with open shirts, gold chains and mirrored sunglasses driving convertible Corvettes--like they're Sonny Crockett instead of Al Bundy.

2. Guys with no shirts on who REALLY NEED TO KEEP THEIR SHIRTS ON.

3. Mosquitoes.

4. Wasps--something about those dangly legs gives me the shudders.

5. Sweat.

6. Bathing suits that don't fit properly. We've all seen this, and it ain't pretty.

7. Thong undies that show above the waist of shorts/skirts--for some reason Sweetheart thinks this is sexy and I simply cannot agree. It's underwear. It's SUPPOSED to be UNDER.

8. High heels with Daisy Duke shorts. Only Daisy Duke can pull this off; everyone else needs to quit it.

9. Jet Skis. Especially that "Winga-winga-winga" noise they make. I know I'll get flack for this, but hey--I'm a sailor.

10. Idiots who a) think a boat is just a car without wheels, b) drive said boat like maniacs, and c) think that anchor setting is like throwing the discus in the Olympics.

11. No matter what I do, my lawn dies about mid-July and doesn't recover until the following April.

12. Maggots in the garbage. Ack.

13. Having to work when it seems the rest of the world is on vacation!!

PS: Yes, I realize I'm TT-ing on a Friday. Better late than never!

2 Comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

ROFL--good call...and don't forget the nasty, humid weather around here!!!

Robyn said...

And don't forget the guys who really, really, really shouldn't wear Speedos.