Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday Afternoon WTF?

So I've been ruminating on something I noticed for a couple of days, and I think I'm right.

You know those ribbons people put on their cars? The yellow ones to support the troops, the pink ones for breast cancer, etc, etc... There seems to be a color for every cause imaginable, and some folks practically wallpaper their vehicles with these thingys.

What I noticed the other day was this: out of all the colors/patterns of ribbons that are bedecking the vehicles of America, there is one you rarely, if ever, see:

Red.

This is the color that started the whole ribbons for noble causes thing, bringing awareness and support to the HIV crisis. Yet you don't see them. Why not?

3 Comments:

Robyn said...

I suppose we don't think of HIV/AIDS as the Automatic Irreversible Death Sentence it used to be. Which may be true in America, but Africa needs serious help.

Robyn said...

Popped back in to say Happy Thanksgiving!

StarvingWriteNow said...

Happy day to you too, Robyn!