THIRTEEN FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONGS
Christmas songs totally rock. I'll listen to them in July even. I love them all, but following are some of my all-time, hands-down faves:
1. Sing We Now Of Christmas--my favorite version is by the Roger Wagner Chorale, but Michael W. Smith does a pretty cool rendition as well.
2. O Come, O Come Emmanuel--this always brings back childhood memories, being in church during advent and all the anticipation.
3. Oh Christmas Tree--the Vince Guaraldi version is the best one, IMO.
4. Breath of Heaven--this is a newer song, but I absolutely love it.
5. The Nightingale's Song--at least, I think it's called that. Garth Brooks sings it and I cry every time the bird flies out of the cage with the mended wing... (rapid blinking here)
6. The Holly And The Ivy--Roger Whittaker version. So powerful and lovely.
7. Hey Santa!--Chris Isaak; it's so Texas-jazzy and fun!
8. Let It Snow--I like Lena Horne's version the best.
9. Wassail Song--Roger Wagner Chorale version.
10. Home For Christmas--it's an orchestral song with whip cracking and all that good stuff. Makes me think of playing in the snow and drinking cocoa and going for sleigh rides--I never have actually gone on one, but still.
11. Gabriel's Message--Sting; it's just wonderful.
12. Christmas Is For Children--Glen Campbell. This is the queerest, sappiest song ever. But I LOVE it.
13. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear--this one always reminds me of childhood and church too.
I could list a million more, truly. But it is a TT. And since this is probably going to be the only blog post out there today that talks about favorite Christmas songs, share your faves with me here!