Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday, Friday

Judging by the total lack of comments on yesterday's post, I conclude that spewing venom on blogland is not a favorite. That's okay--I just needed to get the poison out.

It is amazing how much better you feel after "spewing." Now, ordinarily, I'm a nice person. I look for the good in others, keep my rude comments (mostly) to myself, am polite and have fine manners. Most of the time I am happy, I get along with everyone, and prefer keeping the peace to arguing. It's the water sign in me(I'm a Pisces, in case you wanted to know).

However I did learn a lesson after my marriage broke up 8 yrs. ago. Keeping the peace--meaning keeping your mouth shut most of the time--isn't always the best decision. Letting anger or grief or whatever negative emotion you may have simmer away inside eats away at you--like maggots--from the inside out. Every once in a while you need to let it out (in a civilized fashion of course, no going postal, no rape and pillage please) or you will be miserable.

So I allow myself to vent when I need to and I've been much more content ever since. The venting satisfies the fire sign in me (My rising sign is Aries--yikes!), and enables me to deal with all the daily "stuff" more effectively.

Anyhoo, I appreciate the venting opportunity yesterday (or, as Son likes to call it "Turning Into Exorcist Lady"). And now, back to our regularly scheduled program:

It's Friday! Friday Friday Friday!! The work week is winding down and a great majority of the planet goes out and parties. Me? Friday night is unwinding time. After Son and I get home from Tae Kwon Do, we just relax. I might have a drink, he slides into XBox Nirvana, or maybe we watch a movie and eat junk food. Whatever it is, it's usually good.

What do you do on Friday nights? How do you unwind?

6 Comments:

Bernita said...

I didn't comment because it wasn't up when I came by, and no one wants to appear to be trying to influence you private pain in any way.
But , yanno, I think you will be MUCH better off without him.

Robyn said...

Same here- it wasn't up when I came by, either. Good Lord, that Mr. Spock thing. Shoot me now.

Now that I have teens, Friday seems to be all about them, not us. Renting a movie while I wait for the 'come get me' phone call is about the extent of it.

Missie said...

Starving,

I am starting a new diet and possible pre-menstrual. Do you want me to come kick his butt for you? Not a jury in the country would convict me...

And I totally would have commented but I didn't even get around de Internets yesterday because of a big case at work. Bleh.

Venting is good. And cheaper than actual therapy.

StarvingWriteNow said...

I love you guys. (in a totally non-stalking kind of way, of course...)

Spy Scribbler said...

I missed it, too, LOL. Just commented there. Vent away! Besides, anger helps. Anger feels much better than grief, but that's just me.

I usually unwind by writing all day Friday. But it's 3:15 and I'm five hours late. I should still go. I mean, I have 8 hours. But in the back of my mind, I'm wondering if DH will call again (he has to call collect until I give him the calling card number, which means he can't call the cell phone), and I want to be home.

Maybe I'll sit in a movie again. Yeah, I love escaping from my feelings best.

Anonymous said...

I think we all need to vent sometimes. I find that I occasionally do so too much, though, and I don't like to spread all that poison. It also reflects negatively on the venter if they do it too much. So I admire you for keeping it under wraps most of the time. And, yes, exes are a good reason for venting!