Thursday, January 24, 2008


THIRTEEN KICKASS (MORE OR LESS) BREAKUP SONGS

Oh, sure, I could fill up a blog with a bazillion sappy, syrupy oh my gawd I can't go on without you songs, but I'm more of a "you'll be sorry, idiot" kind of girl.

1. Death On Two Legs--Queen. Oh yeah.
2. Cry, Cry, Cry--Johnny Cash. This is just a cool song, period.
3. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around--Stevie Nicks/Tom Petty. Title pretty much says it all.
4. It Don't Hurt--Sheryl Crow. I love how she finally just burns the place down.
5. The Breakup Song--Greg Kihn Band. They just don't write 'em like that any more, folks.
6. It's All Right--Huey Lewis, et al. I can't remember the first group that did this song. But either way it totally rocks in that "you'll be soooorrrryyyy" kind of way.
7. Bye Bye Bye--Backstreet Boys. I'm no fan, but this particular song kicks ass.
8. Pretending--Eric Clapton. This is sort of the theme song for FS since pretending is his favorite verb lately.
9. Don't Come Around Here No More--Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Awesome.
10. Bittersweet Symphony--The Verve. I don't know if this is a breakup song or not, but it always gives me that feeling of "just keep on going."
11. Shot Through The Heart--Bon Jovi. "You give love a bad name." Classic.
12. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love--Van Halen. Love those hard, charged guitar riffs.
13. Cry Me A River--Diana Krall. A song written after one of my favorite sayings. How much better could it get?
.
Got a favorite? Share! Want to burn me a disc(because I'm hopelessly not techno)? Cool!
.

4 Comments:

Bernita said...

Isn't there one by Weird Al Yankovic? Spend One More Minute?

Spy Scribbler said...

I'm a complete dunce when it comes to this type of music. I just throw Carmina Burana on REALLY loud, lay in the middle of the floor, and let the violins scream out my angst and anger, LOL.

Robyn said...

That one by Weird Al is fabulous. I also like the number from Hello, Dolly called So Long Dearie.

StarvingWriteNow said...

LOL!!! I found "One More Minute" on YouTube and it was classic! I'm going to see if Son can download it onto the blog somehow (he's cool that way...)