THIRTEEN KICKASS (MORE OR LESS) BREAKUP SONGS
Oh, sure, I could fill up a blog with a bazillion sappy, syrupy oh my gawd I can't go on without you songs, but I'm more of a "you'll be sorry, idiot" kind of girl.
1. Death On Two Legs--Queen. Oh yeah.
2. Cry, Cry, Cry--Johnny Cash. This is just a cool song, period.
3. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around--Stevie Nicks/Tom Petty. Title pretty much says it all.
4. It Don't Hurt--Sheryl Crow. I love how she finally just burns the place down.
5. The Breakup Song--Greg Kihn Band. They just don't write 'em like that any more, folks.
6. It's All Right--Huey Lewis, et al. I can't remember the first group that did this song. But either way it totally rocks in that "you'll be soooorrrryyyy" kind of way.
7. Bye Bye Bye--Backstreet Boys. I'm no fan, but this particular song kicks ass.
8. Pretending--Eric Clapton. This is sort of the theme song for FS since pretending is his favorite verb lately.
9. Don't Come Around Here No More--Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Awesome.
10. Bittersweet Symphony--The Verve. I don't know if this is a breakup song or not, but it always gives me that feeling of "just keep on going."
11. Shot Through The Heart--Bon Jovi. "You give love a bad name." Classic.
12. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love--Van Halen. Love those hard, charged guitar riffs.
13. Cry Me A River--Diana Krall. A song written after one of my favorite sayings. How much better could it get?
Got a favorite? Share! Want to burn me a disc(because I'm hopelessly not techno)? Cool!