Thursday, February 21, 2008

THIRTEEN THINGS I DON'T KNOW, AND PROBABLY (in some cases) DON'T WANT TO KNOW
1. How many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop.
2. Why once you take a dresser drawer out of the dresser, it never goes back in quite the same way. (or breaks completely, which is even more fun.)
3. Why once you stub a toe, you always seem to stub that same toe every time thereafter. (mine is the middle toe on the right foot.)
4. How come when I get a song stuck in my head it's usually one I don't like very much. ("Lord, we don't need another rainbow, there are rainbows, and blahdeblahs and what the world needs now is love sweet love" GAHHH!)
5. Exactly how many calories are in Rally's/Checkers french fries. If you don't have this fast food joint near you, may I just say I'm really sorry about that, but--more fries for me!
6. Where dust comes from.
7. Whether or not William Shakespeare really wrote all his own stuff. (it's good. who cares?)
8. Why Son can't seem to get laundry in the hamper. It's always right next to it. (I think it's genetic, but not from my side of the family.)
9. HTML.
10. Why punks can spike their pink hair to the sky, but I cannot, even with ten gallons of hairspray and a glue gun, keep my hair in a style for more than 30 minutes.
11. Why I was blessed with weak ankles--and still shop for, try on and buy high heels.
12. How come God invented hangnails, paper cuts and acne.
13. Why, when I need just one more item for my TT, I can't think of one!! Arrgh!
Have a lovely day, folks.

6 Comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

HAHAHAHAHAH fantastic list. I'm with you on SO many of those!!

Robyn said...

Good Lord. Number 4. That happens to me ALL the freaking time. Recently I couldn't that ^%&%$& jingle for Credit Report.Com out of my head for two days. I wanted to poke pencils through my eardrums.

Missie said...

"Now instead of looking fly and rolling phat, my legs are sticking to the vinyl and my posse's getting laughed at, F-R-E-E, that spells free, credit report dot com, baby!"

That jingle, and its cousin about being dressed up like a pirate in this restaurant, are what the military is using instead of waterboarding now. At least, that's what she said.

Robyn said...

And...just like that, the jingle's stuck again. I hate you. *cries*

Spy Scribbler said...

Acne, YES! I thought that there was going to be a period of my life where I would have NO acne, and NO gray hair. Is that too much to ask? I think that's a fair request.

But that ship has so sailed, while the acne remains. *sigh*

Bernita said...

We need mystery in our lives.
So pftzz to those fact fanatics who try to spoil it.