Blame Rhonda for this one. She TT-ed last week about bad habits and just happened to mention that she dog-ears pages in books all the time. (I know. I can't believe it either.) Anyhow it got me to thinking about all the stuff I've shoved in between pages to keep my place over the years. And youall know what I get like when I start thinking...
1. Drink coasters. Preferably not wet ones.
2. Sticks: Popsicle, lollipop, tree... oh, and in a pinch, a piece of bark works nicely. Just brush out the crack when you remove it.
3. Candy wrappers of all kind, so long as there isn't melted chocolate all over or something.
4. Office supplies: Rubber bands, envelopes, paper clips... it's all good.
5. Hair holders: Barettes, bobby pins, scrunchies, clips... I think I even put my comb in a book once.
6. Cards: Business, post, greeting, credit...
7. A Q-Tip. No, not a used one. A CLEAN one. I've also used clean cotton balls and kleenex. But not toilet paper. That's just crossing the line!
8. Pens, pencils, markers, highlighters... However, if you leave the cap off this could spell trouble.
9. A sewing needle. I don't know, it was there!!
10. My paycheck. Or the stub. Or the envelope it came in. I'm easy.
11. Another book.
12. Jewelry: necklaces especially make lovely book thongs.
13. Post-it notes. Quite handy because they don't fall out--and you can make notes on them!
Okay, your turn: what strange but true items have found their way into your tomes?