Monday, June 02, 2008

HMMM...

I'm not sure exactly what it is about this cover. Maybe it's the white getup with the pointy hat that makes me think lover boy here is late for his local Klan meeting. Maybe it's his shield that reminds me of a big button. Maybe it's how seriously unhappy that horse looks to be cover modeling(my dog looks the exact same way when I'm about to pill him or clean his ears). Either way, this just doesn't say "life altering romance contained within" to me. What do you think?

PS: A big "thanks" to Robyn for her great guest blogging idea of last week. I had lots of fun, and hopefully we can mix up some more great bad covers down the road!

Happy Monday!

4 Comments:

Bernita said...

Adventure, maybe. Romance? No.

Robyn said...

You know I love a good sheikh, but I'm having visions of John Wayne in The Conqueror. He plays a horribly made up version of Genghis Khan, and he manhandles the heroine while saying, in his slow American drawl, "I challenge your hauteur with my passion." ROTFL!

Missie said...

Mr. Cobra? If you are coming after me, to sweep me off my feet and carry me off to your harem, leave your bedpan at home. Please. KTHXBAI.
Sincerely,
Ms. Concubine

StarvingWriteNow said...

LOL! I love it! A bedpan!

I've never seen "The Conqueror" but I totally cannot see Wayne as a sheikh.