Friday, May 30, 2008

GOTTA LOVE THEM CRAZY HQ COVERS
They may be cringe-worthy or orgasm inducing, fug or fab--but they're always entertaining!
Guest-starring with me today, all the way from Stonehenge is the lovely and talented original mistress of the snark, Robyn!
(insert trumpet fanfare here)
She picked out some fun covers for us to play around with, and I'm also guest-starring on her blog, Picnic at Stonehenge today. Click over there to see her fun covers!
.
SECRET AGENT AFFAIR

Beth: Holy cow! It’s Dr. Kelly Brackett from Emergency! Amazingly, he hasn’t aged a day since 1975! He’s still got it, sprinting (power-walking? just pumping his arms for effect?) from bedpan to bedpan, performing medical miracles in under 60 minutes. But what inquiring minds want to know is this: Where’s Johnny Gage? Rrrowwrr!
.
Robyn: I would love this, except that he looks like his ex-lax has just kicked in and he’s only running to save his dignity.
.

THE ROAD TO LOVE

.
Beth: …stranger on her doorstep… Okay, sweetie, that fella isn’t here to hold your clothespins. Drop the basket, run inside and load the shotgun. NOW.

Robyn: A dusty man, coming down a dusty road. Toward a woman in a hideous housedress who has just finished a big load of laundry. Because, as you know, Harlequin Knows Romance.

Beth: ...and can I just point out I’ve never once had an apron that would cross over itself around my hips? She should be strung up and force-fed Krispy Kremes until she stretches that thing out properly!

What's your opinion of the fugliness? Comment away--and don't forget to hop over to Robyn's blog and check out her selections too!
.

5 Comments:

Bernita said...

I like the first - but the second! Did he just wipe his dirty paws on her clean sheets?

Robyn said...

I know, Bernita! It's like those juice commercials where the liquid splashes out of the glass- I don't want to drink it, I want to clean it up before it stains.

StarvingWriteNow said...

Ah, artistic license, how we love thee!

Spy Scribbler said...

ROFL ... love the ex-lax comment! And the dirty paws on clean sheets!

I'd be loading my shotgun, too!

Missie said...

Okay, the first guy reminds me of Tori Spelling's skeevy husband, Dean McDermott. So, blech.

The second cover? Yeah, nothing puts me in the mood for romance like A BUNCH OF FREAKING LAUNDRY!!! HQ, you know us so well.