THIRTEEN SINGLE CONSIDERATIONS
There's pros and cons to every situation, I suppose, and this post came from recent discussions with friends--some of them married--about singlehood. Enjoy!
1. PLUS: I get the bed to myself. No snoring, no tossing and turning, and all the pillows I want.
2. MINUS: No place to warm up my cold feet.
3. PLUS: It's my own yard and I can grow vegetables and weeds if I want to.
4. MINUS: I have to mow the yard.
5. PLUS: My grocery bills are lower.
6. MINUS: I have to get jars open by myself.
7. PLUS: It's much quieter.
8. MINUS: I think I'm talking to myself more just to hear another voice.
9. PLUS: I don't have to sift through lies.
10. MINUS: I got hit on by a neighbor and it was freaky.
11. PLUS: I can make a mess if I want to.
12. MINUS: I can't blame anyone else for it and I still have to clean it up.
13. PLUS: The "man" stuff--farting, scratching, watching COPS and UFC, stuff like that--has been cut in half. Now if I can only retrain Son... yeah, right...
Well, it looks like the pluses outweigh the minuses today. Woo hoo!
PS: Update on the computer: it crashed again. Am taking it to repair shop tomorrow. My IT guy at work says it sounds like hardware failure. Joy. Rapture. I can hardly wait to hear the estimate.