Sunday, September 14, 2008

ONE STEP AT A TIME, KIDS

(ASIDE: When I saw this picture my first thought was Holy F***!)

Yesterday, I had to drop Son off in the old 'hood and saw something that took me back a step. There was another car, a strange car, in the FS's driveway.

Now, I know the FS is dating and all that. And I knew that eventually I'd see this, and/or run into him and his new "perfect girl" somewhere, sometime. So it's not like I wasn't prepared.

But it was weird.

And then, because I was going that way to meet Spyscribbler at Borders (who didn't show--'Tash, did you get totally rained in or what?) I decided I'd have an all-out torture-type fest and drive by the car dealership where The G works. And I saw him, which was also weird, but in a different way.

BTW, I don't think I info'ed you guys on the last with The G--I totally fell off the high road about a week ago after not hearing from him for a solid month. I was trying so hard to be philosophical and all that happy horseshit and then... I don't know. I just snapped. I sent a very carefully worded, blistering email that told him off, thanked him for treating me like a big piece of shit, etc. etc. and told him not to bother responding 'cause I was no longer interested. (So there!)

It felt like a huge stone just slipped away. It was great. Maybe I should make a habit of telling people off. I wouldn't have any friends, but I'd feel great, right?

Don't worry, I won't go crazy. I'll just keep on keeping on, day by day, one step at a time.

4 Comments:

Bernita said...

A month?
The jerk!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, a month. And I even sent him a letter two weeks before that(not an email, an actual letter) in which I put myself out there, so to speak, apologized nicely for my errors, etc. and got a whole lotta nothing for my trouble. so by the time I sent the email, I was kinda pissed off.

Robyn said...

Good for you. You might follow that up with a fake email encouraging him to go to his doctor before things start falling off.

StarvingWriteNow said...

LOL!!! Too cruel! But the thought was very sweet while it lasted...