Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday, boring Sunday!
How long, how long must I sing this song?
How long, how loooooonnnngg
Till I can go home???

Okay, working on Sunday isn't the end of the world, but working on this particular Sunday is boring me to tears. So much so that I've been making up new song lyrics in the hopes of alleviating some of the boredom (note my particularly stellar example above).

When I was a child, Sundays were the biblical day of rest. We usually didn't go anywhere, and with the exception of apple season, we didn't do much either. Sundays were days spent at home with the family.

Not so any more. It must be because everyone is working themselves to death all week, stuck in that "Do it Now" groove that the only free time available is on the day slated for rest. We've turned into a nation of schedules, plans, and "activities". God forbid we just lay around. We've got to drag those kids to the library to entertain them for four hours because we can't put up with them for four minutes at home.

Okay, I'm starting to rant. I may just lose it here. Go insane due to loud kids and boredom. What is the library equivalent of going postal? Blowing my stacks? (ha ha ha)

1 Comment:

Spy Scribbler said...

LOLOL! That made me laugh, today! Blowing your stacks. Hah! You've probably heard it a million times before, but it's my first time, so it's hilarious!

I'm sorry you have to work today. I know you treasure your Sundays!