Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday, dear meeee
Happy Birthday to me!!!!

Oh yes, folks, this year I've hit 40. It's supposed to be a milestone, and in honor of that milestone, I'll look back on my life and relate some things I've learned.

Wiping out on a bicycle in a gravel driveway hurts really bad.
Everyone should go to Egypt at least once in their lifetime.
Sometimes divorce is not only necessary, it's preferable!
You can start over with nothing.
Delivering a baby gives any woman bragging rights FOR LIFE.
Power steering is a gift from God.
I will never not have a cat in my life.
Sometimes, no matter how nice you are to houseplants, they die anyway.
A comfortable bed is a must. Electric blankets are pretty cool, too.
I'll NEVER look good in hats.

Profound, huh? Well, what did you expect? I'm not the Dalai Lama or anything!

5 Comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! That's so awesome. Enjoy your special day and pamper yourself! :D

Spy Scribbler said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day, and your sweetie surprises you!

And I wish I looked good in hats, too. You're coming to the retreat, right? I hope we get in the same cabin!

Bailey Stewart said...

Came over from Jill's to wish you a Happy Birthday. I agree with having a cat in your life!

Ellen said...

Happy belated birthday!

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday, and remember the rule in our house- on your b-day, IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU.