Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The other day I saw a sign that read: "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, I am my mother after all." This gave pause to my daily life as I considered the possibility. Have I morphed into my mother?

Hmm...


Dyeing my own hair because I'm too cheap to go to a salon? Check.

Unable to sleep past 5:30 a.m.? Check.

Can't wait to climb into bed at night, a.k.a. The Sooner The Better? Check.

Feet on fire? Check.

Out of ideas for dinner? Check.

Most used phrases: "Good God In Heaven!", "I feel for you, but I can't reach you" and "You'll get your reward in the next world". Are they phrases of my mothers? Check, check, check.

Well, looks like I'm about as lost of a cause as I can get. At least I don't say "NO" to every single suggestion that comes my way...

..but my son does. My nickname for him is Gramma.

2 Comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

LOLOL ... I dye my own hair, too. My mom doesn't, though! I just went red, for the heck of it.

I wish I couldn't sleep past 5:30!

Robyn said...

I lost my mom to cancer a year and a half ago. I find I have inherited her 'noise.' It's sort of like the buzzer when you answer the question wrongly in a game show. It horrified me the first time I realized I was using it.

Being like my mom? There are many, many worse things.