Friday, August 10, 2007

AAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


What is it with Son? What is WITH him?

I swear, strangling just may be an option after today's little screw-up.

I'm sure all of you have been subjected, in one form or other, to school fundraising. Son had $10.00 discount cards to sell for the team this year.

Now, I abhor fundraising like nobody's business. In fact, I'm just about convinced that fundraising was started by the legions of Satan as an earthly torture device for parents.

Anyhow, despite my abhorrence, despite the fact that I don't patronize any of the businesses listed on the discount card, I did my bit as a mom, purchased two of them and sent the rest back to practice with Son this morning.

And then, the call comes.

"Mom, the envelope is gone."

Apparently he lost it at some point between going to practice and coming home from practice. He "doesn't know" whether or not the check was still in the envelope, besides.

Not having been blessed with the ditz gene, I can not understand how someone can be so oblivious of the world around them. How someone can repeatedly make the same mistakes, over and over and over and over and over and not learn anything.

I'm stumped. I'm flabbergasted. And I'm so fricking pissed off. Because if he doesn't find them, guess who is going to have to cough up the rest of the money AND pay to stop the first check I wrote?

.

2 Comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

UUUUUUUGH...oh man, i hate fundraising for that very reason!! ((hugs))

StarvingWriteNow said...

Update: He found the cards. But he's still in trouble. I had the pleasure of lecturing him for 20 mins straight at lunchtime.