Thursday, October 18, 2007

.
THIRTEEN STEPS ON THE LADDER OF PAIN
.
Yes, your Humble Servant has been in a world of pain these last few days. Dental Surgery. Ow. Owwwwwwww I say! So for your consideration I list below some painful moments in life that we all know and love:
.
1. Hangnails. I personally get the super hangnails that grow under my fingernails and need to be dug out and clipped. It's a joy, truly.
.
2. Paper cuts. Especially when you get one way down on the web between your fingers.
.
3. Stubbing your toe. I have literally seen stars afterward.
.
4. Bumping your head. This can range from mildly annoying to flat-out unconscious.
.
5. Whacking your funny bone. It ain't humerus, folks (har har har).
.
6. Waking up with a stiff neck. God, I hate that, and the stupid thing'll last all day.
.
7. Taking a hit in the eye. Now, I've never been punched by anyone, but I have managed to punch myself (it's a long story), and managed to put my eye in the way of several flying objects.
.
8. Biting your lip/inside of your cheek. Inevitably, you'll bite it again, and again, and again...
.
9. Earache. Shudder.
.
10. Hitting your pubic bone. Talk about wanting to throw up from pain.
.
11. Toothache/Dental Surgery. Nothing wears you out like pain in your mouth. It totally, completely, absolutely SUCKS.
.
12. Serrated knife cuts. Double your pleasure, double your fun! Get blood everywhere and shred your flesh while you're at it!
.
13. Childbirth. Oy. (Yes, my little bundle of joy was worth it but it hurt like a mother!)
.
The word of the day is commiserate! Share your pain with me, people!

4 Comments:

Bernita said...

Well, there was the time I got a splinter in my wee behind...and my husband had to cut it out with a razor blade...

StarvingWriteNow said...

OH!!! OH OH OHHHH!!! Not fun!

Robyn said...

God, Bernita! I had a comment but I read yours and it vanished!

Oh, yeah, I remember. Mouth pain, I hear ya. Infected tooth, half cracked. The pieces fell out, leaving the nerve exposed. Childbirth was a ^%*%$& walk in the park compared to that.

Bernita said...

Actually, it was hilarious.
Laughter helps pain.