Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cookie Statistics You Need To Know

**First, let me brag for a hot second: my entry in Bernita's "Weirdly" contest is posted on her website today! (Click on An Innocent a-Blog at the left sidebar.) Neat!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program:

In my local paper this Sunday there were some astounding statistics on Christmas cookies. What were those astounding statistics, you ask? I'll share some here:

--More than 55 million American households bake holiday cookies.
--About 4.5 billion cookies will be baked in American homes during the month of December.
--The average American eats 300 cookies annually.
--"Peanut butter blossoms" rank #1 on the list of America's top 10 favorite holiday cookies.

Peanut Blossoms do rock, but I think my favorite still are the sugar cookie cutouts. Not the store brand either. Homemade, with all the butter and sugar and FAT you can handle. Yummy...

Will you be one of the 55 million households this year? Which cookie is your favorite? And do you eat 300 cookies a year? (I think I do...)

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the contest entry. You did a good job with that.

strugglingwriter
(http://strugglingwriter.wordpress.com)

StarvingWriteNow said...

Thanks! I enjoyed it!

Erica Orloff said...

Hmmm . . . .

I don't bake holiday cookies. I don't even really like cookies. I maybe eat five a year. I am throwing off the statistics.

That said, my best friend in the whole world is probably also the world's best cookie-baker. She bakes PILES o' cookies every year for every holiday (thus balancing my lack of baking statistically). She'll likely mail us sugar cookies, which my four kids will devour in under five minutes. :-)
E

Bernita said...

I don't bake many any more and seldom eat them.
But:
I like any cookie with lots of chocolate, coconut, cherries, nuts and marzipan.