Thursday, July 03, 2008


THIRTEEN GREAT CINEMA KISSES
.
Okay, so I'm still stuck on kissing. I can't help it. I got a surprise kiss at my work yesterday morning (thanks, G!) and I'm sorta gaga right now.
I've seen a lot of kissing onscreen--some great, some...not so great. I've posted a few of my faves; enjoy!
.
1. Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler by the carriage. He's leaving, she's pissed off, he kisses her like there's no tomorrow--and she slaps his face and says she hopes a cannonball lands right on him! Classic!
2. From Here To Eternity. Okay, Deb and Burt probably got a lot of sand in their nether parts, but baby, that was one romantic kiss!
3. George Bailey and Mary Hatch on the phone. Poor chump Sam Wainright is yapping away about the "chance of a lifetime!" then George loses his cool and "Oh, Mary!" and Mary's all "George, George, George!" Corny, but wonderful.
4. Ronnie and Loretta from Moonstruck. When he flips the table out of the way so he can grab his girl my heart flips. Every time.
5. Humphrey Bogart. He's never been my idea of a sex symbol, but whether he was paired with Ingrid or Lauren or who, he made those kisses memorable.
6. Lady and the Tramp. Come on, who wouldn't want to be kissed over spaghetti?
7. John Wayne. He's such an alpha guy, so take-charge manhandle type that any kiss he ever does is forceful and hard and... ooh, be still my heart.
8. Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves in The Lake House. The movie itself wasn't amazing or anything, but then they finally met at the house and he didn't even give her a chance to speak, just grabbed her and dove right in--wow!
9. Bugs Bunny and the Tasmanian Devil. The one where Bugs, dressed up like a lady devil with a giant bear trap in his mouth for "teeth" kisses Tazzie and SNAP!!!
10. To Catch A Thief. Grace and Cary are watching fireworks from her hotel suite. Clever photography inserts firework clips in between them getting closer, closer...
11. Westley and Buttercup. "Is this a kissing book? I hate kissing books." But by the end the kid lets Grampa read one kissing scene.
12. Adrian and Rocky's first kiss. Sweet, hesitant, then whoosh! Passion on the floor!
13. A Room With A View. Lucy Honeychurch was so innocent until George Emerson came along... Nothing like a field of flowers in Italy to get your blood hot. It would work for me--if I ever went to Italy that is...
.
Your turn to share! And may you feel "fireworks" every time you kiss. Happy 4th!

9 Comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

Oooooh! GOOD TOPIC! I love cinematic kisses. My fav two:

A movie called The Whole Wide World. Renee Zellweger is in it. They're on a picnic, and the kiss the guy lands on here is just...holy crap, I rewound and watched it several times. LOL

Other fav: The Thornbirds. Where Meggie's running away from Father Ralph on the beach and he runs after her and embraces her, and they finally get together. Oh, man...

I, too, loved the kissing in The Lake House!

Anonymous said...

There wil be more on the way! G

StarvingWriteNow said...

Yes, "anonymous" is G. Isn't he fun? Not only does he read(a rare find in any man), but he reads my blog! And comments!

Spy Scribbler said...

Oh! Nice to meet you, G! :-)

Why can I never remember this stuff when someone asks? I remember Lady and the Tramp, but I can't remember any others. Maybe I should do another movie marathon!

Robyn said...

You named all my favorites!

John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara in The Quiet Man. Tops. Absolutely.

Missie said...

Love, love, love George and Mary. One of my all time favorites!

One of the best IMHO is Return to Me, David Duchovny lands one on Minnie Driver at the end of the movie...in Italy! Smooching plus Italy equals fantabuloso in my book!

Missie said...

Starving,
I am thinking you should be keeping the G. (My husband doesn't even read my blog unless I make him. Then again, he's not trying to win me over, either.) G just better not end up being a dukey-head, or we may all form a posse and come wreak some havoc. Just sayin. ;)

StarvingWriteNow said...

LOL! "The G". He'll probably love this.

laughingwolf said...

elmer fudd and bugs bunny, in various
;) lol

then bugs and that witchie-poo :O